» Back to Awards List
June 22, 2015
HSR&D Investigators Honored At AcademyHealth Annual Research Meeting
VA's Health Services Research & Development Service (HSR&D) was well-represented among both the award recipients and presenters at the AcademyHealth 2015 Annual Research Meeting, which was held June 14-16, 2015 in Minneapolis, MN.
Outstanding Research Abstracts
Among the 18 abstracts selected as "Outstanding Research Abstracts" the following winners were authored by, or affiliated with HSR&D investigators.
Category: Consumer Choice and Behavioral Economics
Abstract: A Randomized Control Trial of Opt-in vs. Opt-out Enrollment into a Diabetes Management Intervention
HSR&D-Affiliated Contributor: Kevin Volpp, MD, PhD, HSR&D's Center for Health Equity Research & Promotion (CHERP), Philadelphia, PA
Category: Complex Chronic Conditions
Abstract: Higher Level of Patient-Centered Medical Home Implementation Associated with Improvements to Clinical Quality of Care in the Nationwide VHA PACT Initiative
- Ann-Marie Rosland, MD, MS, HSR&D's Center for Clinical Management Research, Ann Arbor (CCMR), MI (author)
- Edwin Wong, MD, MS, CCMR (co-author)
- Donna Zulman, MD, MS, HSR&D's Center for Innovation to Implementation: Fostering High Value Care (Ci2i), Palo Alto, CA (co-author)
- Karin Nelson, MD, MS, HSR&D's Center of Innovation for Veteran-Centered and Value-Driven Care, Seattle, WA (co-author)
Category: Organizational Behavior and Management
Abstract: Evidence-Based Practice and Patient-Centered Care: Doing Both Well
- Ryann Engle, MPH, HSR&D's Center for Healthcare Organization and Implementation Research (CHOIR), Boston, MA (author)
- Sally Holmes, MBA, CHOIR (co-author)
- David Mohr, MD, CHOIR (co-author)
- Marjorie Nealon Seibert, MBA, CHOIR (co-author)
- Jennifer Leyson, MA, CHOIR (co-author)
- Melissa Afable, BS, CHOIR (co-author)
- Mark Meterko, PhD, CHOIR (co-author)
Category: Research Dissemination, Implementation, and Impact
Abstract: Using Qualitative Comparison Analysis and the Consolidated Framework for Implementation Research to Synthesize Findings Across Implementation Studies
HSR&D Affiliated Contributors:
- Julie Lowery, PhD, HSR&D's Center for Clinical Management Research (CCMR), Ann Arbor (author)
- Laura Damschroder, MS, MPH, HSR&D's CCMR (co-author)
Diversity Scholarship Award
Abigail Silva, PhD, MPH, was among the recipients of the AcademyHealth Diversity Scholarships. Dr. Silva is a post-doctoral health services research fellow
at HSR&D's Center of Innovation for Complex Chronic Healthcare (CINCCH) at the Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital in Hines, IL.
AcademyHealth is the leading professional organization for health services researchers, policy analysts, and practitioners, and is a non-partisan informational resource for health services research and policy. Recognition of VA research across multiple areas at this high-profile meeting reflects positively on VA's research mission, and is of importance in disseminating valuable lessons learned via research conducted within the nation's largest integrated healthcare system.