SPRINT Active Projects Inventory
One of SPRINT’s core activities is to synthesize and maintain a “state of the science” data repository containing information about suicide prevention research activities, including VHA clinical operations-funded suicide prevention demonstration projects.
The downloadable spreadsheet below contains information about current fiscal year VA-funded studies that SPRINT has learned about. The data are updated at least quarterly.
SPRINT identifies and categorizes suicide prevention projects using the following sources:
- Office of Research and Development RAFT database: This database is maintained by ORD and includes actively funded ORD-funded projects. ORD codes for projects that are focused on suicide prevention.
- Direct communications with representatives from VA operations groups including the Office of Mental Health and Suicide Prevention and Office of Rural Health
- Follow-up communications with investigators of funded projects
- ORD website funded projects list.
- Word of mouth (from investigators, leadership, program officers, etc.)
- Additional search query tools such as NIH Reporter (Query Form - NIH RePORTER - NIH Research Portfolio Online Reporting Tools Expenditures and Results) and Clinical Trials.gov.
- The suicide prevention research landscape changes rapidly. We are continually updating our inventory and the information contained it. It can be challenging to code information about a project reliably; we depend on the investigators we contact to provide us information such as abstracts/aims and help us categorize studies correctly.
- Projects that are no longer funded, or which have not yet started are not included in RAFT and therefore may not yet have come to SPRINT’s attention—there may be a substantial time lag before a project appears in our inventory as a result
- If you are an investigator on an active VA-funded project and don’t see your project or feel your project’s information is incorrect, please reach out to us to help us fix it by emailing SuicidePreventionRes@va.gov.
View Active Projects Inventory
HSRD maintains a Suicide Prevention Research Project Page which can provide additional information: https://www.hsrd.research.va.gov/research_topics/suicide.cfm
Please note that we also maintain some information on DoD projects and NIH projects—please reach out to us if you have questions about these projects.
Dimensions: New Resource for information on Funded Projects and Published Research
Dimensions for VA is a web-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) tool that HSR&D and OIT have procured to help VA researchers and their VA partners navigate the universe of published research and funded projects. It is an innovative research database that connects over 117 million publications, 6 million awarded grants, 135 million patents, 620,000 clinical trials and 580,000 policy documents to deliver an unparalleled look at research globally. Based on the off-the-shelf Dimensions Plus platform, Dimensions for VA adds the crucial feature of filtering and displaying VA-related data – informing not only discovery, but making related analysis more efficient than ever for VA research.