Patient-Aligned Care Teams (PACT)
PACT is a team-based model of care in which a team of health professionals, led by a provider, works collaboratively with the patient to provide for all of the patient's healthcare needs—or appropriately coordinates care with other qualified professionals. Issues being studied include methods of improving care coordination, how to automate point-of-care delivery, and point-of-care health literacy dissemination.
Each "widget" below is populated by a dynamic search of the HSR&D website and its underlying databases. Search results are generated based on the search term "PACT". Results are updated regularly, as new data are available.
VIEW: Citations | Publication Briefs | Studies | HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters | Topic Spotlight | Cyberseminars | Videos | Podcasts | Other Resources
(5 of more than 118 PACT focused publications)
- Cornell PY, Celardo C, Chmelka G, Giles AJ, Halladay CW, Halaszynski J, Montano AR, Rudolph JL, Silva JW. Social work and telehealth: How Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) social workers in the Veterans Health Administration responded to COVID-19. Social Work in Health Care. 2021 Apr 7; 60(2):131-145.
- Solimeo SL, Steffen MJA, Gardner EE, Adjognon O, Shin MH, Moye J, Sullivan JL. Using the PACT Resources Framework to Understand the Needs of Geriatric Primary Care Teams. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2020 Sep 1; 68(9):2006-2014.
- Cordasco KM, Saifu HN, Song HS, Hsiao JJ, Khafaf M, Doyle B, Rubenstein LV, Chrystal JG, Bharath P, Ganz DA. The ED-PACT Tool Initiative: Communicating Veterans' Care Needs After Emergency Department Visits. Journal for healthcare quality : official publication of the National Association for Healthcare Quality. 2020 May 1; 42(3):157-165.
- Chang ET, Stockdale SE. What do Patient-Aligned Care Teams (PACT) Need to Improve Care for Patients at High-risk for Hospitalization or Mortality? Results from the PACT Intensive Management Evaluation. Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACT) Demonstration Labs [Cyberseminar]. VA HSR&D. 2019 May 15.
- Jones AL, Hausmann LRM, Kertesz SG, Suo Y, Cashy JP, Mor MK, Pettey WBP, Schaefer JH, Gordon AJ, Gundlapalli AV. Providing Positive Primary Care Experiences for Homeless Veterans Through Tailored Medical Homes: The Veterans Health Administration's Homeless Patient Aligned Care Teams. Medical care. 2019 Apr 1; 57(4):270-278.
» View more Citations
(5 of more than 145 PACT focused publication briefs)
- Predictive Tool Associated with 22% Lower Odds of All-Cause Mortality among High-Risk Veterans Taking Opioids
In 2018, VA mandated a case review intervention that targeted patients who had been prescribed opioid analgesics and who were at high risk of adverse outcomes. The Stratification Tool for Opioid Risk Mitigation (STORM), a provider-facing dashboard that uses predictive analytics to stratify patients prescribed opioids based on their risk for overdose/suicide, was developed to identify these patient...
Date: May 2, 2022
- Specialized Primary Care Homes Effective in Treatment of Patients with Serious Mental Illness
This project studied the implementation and effectiveness of a primary care medical home specifically designed to improve the healthcare of Veterans with serious mental illness. SMI PACTs (Patient Aligned Care Teams) include a specialized, integrated team that can provide both primary and psychiatric care. Findings showed that a primary care medical home for Veterans with SMI can be safe and more ...
Date: April 5, 2022
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Healthcare Workers and First Responders
This study examined the relationships between COVID-19 related occupational stressors, psychiatric symptoms, and occupational outcomes (likelihood of leaving current field and occupational functioning). Findings showed high levels of psychiatric symptoms and distress in healthcare workers during the COVID-19 pandemic. Half of the healthcare workers in this study – and 59% of all nurses – indicated...
Date: December 16, 2021
- Examining the Investment in Caring for High-Needs Patients
Since 2013, VA has invested more than $22 million in fostering and testing interventions within patient-centered medical homes at five demonstration sites to improve care for Veterans at highest risk for hospitalizations or death. In this commentary, VA authors involved in this project, known as the VA PACT Intensive Management program, reflect on lessons learned about improving care for this popu...
Date: September 10, 2021
- Brief Training Increases Discussions between VA Providers and Veterans on Firearm Safety to Reduce Suicide
This study evaluated the impact of a one-hour educational seminar for VA clinicians on lethal means safety, “A Public Health Approach to Talking About Firearms and Death by Suicide.” Findings showed that the webinar was effective in providing clinicians with the skills to talk with Veterans about firearm safety, and it continued to impact their practice four months after training. After the traini...
Date: July 1, 2021
» View more Publication Briefs
( 5 of more than 81 PACT focused projects
|| An Effectiveness Trial of the Triage Algorithm for PACT Pharmacy Services
|| Engaging Veterans and Family Supporters in PACT to Improve Diabetes Management
|| Linking Clinician Interaction and Coordination to Clinical Performance in VA PACT
|| Using Peer Mentors to Support PACT Team Efforts to Improve Diabetes Control
|| Integrating HIV Care in VA: Extending PACT Principles to Specialty Care
» View more Studies
HSR&D Briefs, Reports, Newsletters
5 sample "PACT" publications displayed.
Engaging Veterans and Family Supporters in PACT to Improve Diabetes Care || In Progress
Engaging Veterans and Family Supporters in PACT to Improve Diabetes Care Feature Article...or hyperlipidemia. The nationwide VA PACT (Patient-Aligned Care Teams) initiative
PACT to Improve Healthcare for People with Serious Mental Illness || In Progress
Health Conditions » Table of Contents PACT to Improve Healthcare for People with...under the Patent-Aligned Care Team (PACT) model, based on the Patient-Centered
Team-Delivered Intervention for Smoking and Hazardous Drinking for Veterans with CVD Treated in Primary Care || In Progress
...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression...way. VA Patient Aligned Care Teams (PACTs) screen all patients annually for alcohol...alcohol and tobacco use, and thus the PACT platform is an ideal way to reach these
Overview: Advancements in VA Primary Care || In Progress
...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression
Advancements in VA Primary Care || In Progress
...through Patient Aligned Care Teams or PACTs, which normally include a primary care...incorporation of mental health staff into the PACT, allowing for the treatment of depression...Aligned Care Team (PACT) Your VA Primary Care Provider and PACT Team Questions about
» View more Publications
Read more on this topic and related topics
The most recent "PACT" seminars are displayed.
There are currently no Cyberseminars for this topic.
- VISN 4's Center for Evaluation of PACT (CEPACT) is one of four Demonstration Labs funded by VA and HSR&D to evaluate the implementation of the Patient-Aligned Care Team (PACT) model. Read about research and leadership highlights from FY2010 through FY2014 in these CEPACT Fact Sheets. For more information, visit the CEPACT website at https://www.visn4.va.gov/VISN4/CEPACT/index.asp.
- Learn more about the research being conducted within HSR&D's PACT CREATE (Collaborative Research to Enhance and Advance Transformation and Excellence) initiative.
- To find tools, resources, and more information about various aspects of the PACT model, visit the VA's Office of Patient Care Services PACT website.
- Visit the HSR&D Center for the Study of Healthcare Innovation, Implementation and Policy and learn more about their research into supporting the PACT model of care delivery.