HSR&D Citation Abstract
Search | Search by Center | Search by Source | Keywords in Title
Rural Veterans Health Care Atlas. Presented on the Office of Rural Health, Rural Community Conference Call.
Cowper Ripley DC, Litt ER, Ahern JK. Rural Veterans Health Care Atlas. Presented on the Office of Rural Health, Rural Community Conference Call. 2016 Aug 24.
The Rural Veterans Health Care Atlas is a comprehensive resource guide for rural and Veteran advocates (including, but not limited to, researchers, planners, policy decision makers, as well as clinicians and patient care teams) to enhance health care delivery to rural Veterans, enrollees, and patients.
This first edition consists of 17 chapters. Seven are core chapters, which will be updated each fiscal year, and 10 are disease-specific.
The 7 core chapters are:
- Veteran Population, Enrollees and Patients
- Overview and Location of VHA Medical Facilities
- Rural and Highly Rural Patients Treated at Each VAMC
- Non-VA Medical Facilities in Rural Areas
- VHA Health Services Utilization by Rural Veterans
- Rural County Health Index
- Health Technology Access (Broadband) in Rural Areas
The 10 stand-alone, disease-specific chapters are on the following topics: diabetes, stroke, post-traumatic stress disorder, alcohol use disorders, tobacco use disorders, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, chronic renal failure and obesity.