DaVINCI – DoD Source Data: Overview of TRICARE Claims Data
Wendy Funk, MS
Seminar date: 4/8/2021
Description: This the third of four webinars covering the DaVINCI program's DoD Electronic Health Record (EHR) and TRICARE claims data sources. This webinar will cover key fields and concepts in the TRICARE claims data and populations seen in DoD private sector care.
After attending the webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Describe the Managed Care Support Contracts (MCSCs) and role of the contractors
- Summarize TRICARE programs and their impact on DoD private sector care use
- Provide an overview of the main TRICARE claim types
- Describe key fields in TRICARE claims files
- Discuss how to build episodes of care using TRICARE claims in OMOP
Intended Audience: This Cyberseminar will be designed to provide advanced training, information and support for VINCI users as well as the larger HSR&D research community.