Overview of VA Data, Information Systems, National Databases and Research Uses
Maria Souden, MSI, PhD
Seminar date: 10/5/2020
Description: This session, Overview of VA Data, Information Systems, National Databases, and Research Use, kicks off VIReC’s Database & Methods series and provides an overview of VA data sources and their uses; available tools in the VA Research ecosystem; and additional resources for getting information about data.
The VIReC Database & Methods Cyberseminar Series presents informational seminars to help VA researchers access and use VA databases for research and quality improvement. Sessions include information about: 1.) Available VA data and information systems; 2.) Uses of VA data in past research and new applications; 3.) Limitations of secondary data use in research; and 4.) Resources to support researchers’ use of VA data.
• Provide a general understanding of VIReC’s mission and activities.
• Introduce the FY21 Database & Methods Cyberseminar Series.
• Describe VA data sources commonly used in Research and Quality Improvement projects.
• Highlight select aspects of the content and use of key datasets.
• Provide pointers to additional resources and supports for using VA data.