Stepped Wedge Designs and the Washington State EPT Trial
Jim Hughes, PhD
Seminar date: 6/7/2016
Description: In a Stepped Wedge (SW) trial the time that participants receive the intervention (rather than whether they receive the intervention) is randomized. In this talk we describe the strengths and weaknesses of the SW design and outline key considerations for designing a SW trial. We then provide results from a recent SW trial – the Washington State Expedited Partner Treatment trial.
Intended audience: Epidemiologists, clinicians, trialists and others interested in learning about stepped Wedge Trial designs.
VASA formed in 2005 in order to improve communication, networking, and interaction among statisticians within the VA.
• Promote & disseminate statistical methodological research relevant to VA studies;
• Facilitate communication & collaboration among VA-affiliated statisticians;
• Promote good statistical practice;
• Increase participation & visibility of VA statisticians at national meetings such as the VA HSR&D and ASA Joint Statistical Meetings;
• Increase participation of statisticians in VA research merit review