As a mentee, you are expected to take the initiative to reach out to your mentor and be proactive in working towards your goals. To respect your mentor's time, you should be:
- Prompt for all meetings and schedule in advance.
- Willing to work diligently on set assignments and goals, and to work systematically and proactively to resolve problems.
- Eager to learn.
- Flexible and understanding in handling mentor's availability and last minute changes.
- Taking initiative to follow up and maintain consistent communication with mentor.
- Open and responsive to mentor's suggestions.
- Prepared before each meeting:
- Set the agenda.
- Have a list of questions before each meeting.
- Prepare conversation topics.